Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blood - It's In You To Give

This week I'll be making my 15th blood donation.  I try to go every 2 months to the local clinic.  It such an easy thing to do and it has the potential to save up to 3 lives.  All it takes is an hour (ish) and afterwards they give you free cookies and juice.  What more could you ask for?  The staff and volunteers are always exceptionally nice and professional.  I've rarely even had any discomfort (although I really don't like that finger pricker!).

If you're interested in making a donation or want more information, please contact your local blood services agency.  In Canada it's at 1-888-2-DONATE (1-888-236-6283).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kerry - my mom was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder when I was in grade 12 - after 700 + units of blood transfusions, she's in remission and doing really well. She would have died while we were in grade 12 without people like you. It really makes a difference in the lives of people like my mom (and our family). You rock!

    ReplyDelete