Thursday, July 4, 2013

Feeling Lost

"And crawling, on the planet's face, some insects, called the human race. Lost in time, and lost in space... and meaning." - The Criminologist, Rocky Horror Picture Show

Feeling a little lost today and can't get this line out of my head.  Don't know if it's the meds or just my state of mind, but I'm just feeling really out of it.  I find myself zoning out and I won't know how long I've been standing or sitting and just staring.  Sometimes I couldn't even tell you what I was thinking about...if anything.

I've been out of bed for 3 hours now and have very little to show for it.  I gave the dogs their supplements.  I moved the laundry from the washer to the dryer.  I showered.  I wrote a three sentence post about asparagus.  Either I'm moving in slow motion or my memory is on the blitz or perhaps I've fallen into a Time Warp?  I'm spaced out on sensation like I'm under sedation.


I'm having a hard time fighting the urge to just go back to bed, put on some mindless TV show and phase out.  But I'll keep fighting.  Chances are I won't be leaving the house today, but I'll try and keep myself busy and focused with writing, reading and household chores.  Small victories.

Perhaps I'll avoid the pelvic thrusts as I'm aiming for the side of sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment