Friday, July 5, 2013

It's Not Perfect, But It's Mine

A good friend recently told me that I put too much pressure on myself and that I need to give my poor mind a break. 

I've always been a bit of a perfectionist and taken comfort that I generally had a good grasp and some control of any given situation.  Right now I spend my time either in my head or zoning out.  I don't understand what's happening in my body and I have absolutely no control.  It's terrifying, but everyone (friends, doctor, therapist) assures me that I will come out the other side.  I take great comfort in their certainty and their support.

So I will try to take the suggested break.  I'll try to stop putting so much pressure on myself to get better.  I'll try to relax and let this play out however it's going to.  It will be hard because this is something I've never really had to deal with. 

In the meantime, I'll listen to Tim Minchin - by far the sexiest man in mascara!

This is my brain and it's fine
It's where I spend the vast majority of my time
It's not perfect, but it's mine
It's not perfect, but it's mine
It's not perfect. I'm not quite sure I've worked out how to work it
It's not perfect, but it's mine
But it's mine







No comments:

Post a Comment